Real Wood Flooring in Cardiff & Newport
Uses and Benefits of Real Wood Flooring
WHAT IS REAL WOOD?
Real wood or hardwood flooring is made of actual wood and is classified into two types: a.) solid wood flooring and b.) engineered wood flooring.
Solid wood flooring is a natural product where each board consists of a single piece of wood that is machine-cut to size. Engineered wood flooring, on the other hand, consists of several layers of wood pressed together which includes a veneer of solid wood for the top layer and the core which is typically made from HDF, plywood or a soft wood.
The appearance of real wood flooring will depend upon the species of wood and the surface finish of your choice. Both solid wood and engineered wood flooring can be used in most areas of the home such as dining and living rooms, hallways, kitchens or bedrooms. Just keep in mind that since real wood flooring is a natural product, it is still susceptible to water which is why we do not advise its installation in bathrooms or any other high moisture environment.
As there are now various flooring options available on the market today, it can be hard to choose the one that will suit your home best. One of the most important factors to consider is the flooring’s advantages to the others. Here we have compiled the top benefits real wood flooring has to offer.
- Many homeowners prefer real wood flooring as it provides a classic appearance in the home’s interior, as well as its capacity to enable a look of spaciousness wherever they are installed.
- Hardwood floors only require minimal maintenance to keep them clean. This is due to the fact that wood is more stain resistant compared with carpets and does not accumulate a lot of dirt, dust and debris.
- The processes a high-quality real wood floor undergoes ensure that it withstands a lot of movements and heavy foot traffic which can make it last for generations, given proper care.
- Real wood flooring can be a great long-term investment which adds significant value to your home.
- Proper installation of hardwood flooring improves the acoustics within the room by reducing hollow sounds or vibrations.
- If you wanted to change the colour of your flooring, real wood floors can simply be refinished rather than replaced. This gives you the opportunity to change the appearance of your home without spending loads of money.
Here at Fit My Floor, the real wood flooring solutions we have to offer are the perfect choice if you are looking for a luxurious, authentic wood finish in your home. In addition to longevity, our wood floors are highly durable and resistant to daily living wear and tear. This is made possible by our partnership with quality brands such as Natural Solutions, Lalegno, Ekowood and Kersaint Cobb & Company. Discuss your project with us today. Send us a message by completing this form.